You deserve to live your ultimate life.
And guess what, the power to get it done is in your hands.
Be honest with yourself about what you want and what you have to do to get it. For example, been dreaming of finishing that degree? You already know what it is. Thinking of joining that gym? What are you waiting for? Still lusting after that dream job. No one else can apply for it for you but YOU.
Look, every superhero has tools to help them get the job done. A reflective shield, a magic lasso, a super suit, or some other device that they rely on on the regular.
Here are some of your top tools you may already have at your fingertips:
- Your Cell Phone – It doesn’t have to be cute. It just has to get the job done (and a cute case to keep it safe doesn’t hurt either)
- Your tablet or laptop – To process your words, your thoughts, your music, your art, and of course, to keep up with your social media
- Wifi or the Internet – What did people do without it?
- Cable – Especially with On Demand, now is a perfect time to binge on Pretty Little Liars, Martin, or whatever your favorite shows and movies are. I personally just binged on Marvel’s Luke Cage. Now, onto the current season of Agents Of Shield.
- Smart wear – this can include everything from your smart watch to those smart sweats that you love to wear when working out.
- A suit or that perfect dress to slay when you walk into the room. Get em, baby.
- Play – this can include sports or exercise. Reawaken the childlike joy in you. Whether it is going bowling, walking in the park, biking, kick boxing, or even fishing, do what you love and do it with vigor. Be active.
- Your unique look – It’s not always about what top accessories you have, that hot purse you just bought, those sexy stilettos you insist on wearing, or even how much you paid for that hair that you claim as your own birthright (yes, I keep it real), it’s about letting your personality shine. Be yourself. And when it comes to your sense of humor, bring it.
- Hydrate – your favorite drink bottle, sports bottle, blinged out Starbucks coffee mug, or your sippy cup, stay armed with your favorite hydrating beverage by your side. Some like the pure H2O while others like their decaf latte first thing. It could even be a fresh juice smoothie or a fresh ginger limeade from scratch like the one I made yesterday (Recipe: lime, freshly grate ginger, spring water, natural sweetener like cane sugar or Agave. Blend. Serve over huge cubes of ice. Super refreshing.) Whatever your drink of choice, hydrate with style.
Remember, being functional is more than just a statement. It’s a state of mind. So, right now is your time to stay strong and shine!